Sunday, January 27, 2013

Warm Winter Wishes


It's been cold here and my daughter is back in Boston at school.  I have a package of chocolate mint penguins to send to her.  I was going to save it for Valentine's Day, but we haven't seen her for a couple
weeks and I thought I might surprise her with a little bit of mail.  This is one of my favorite winter sets and she just loves penguins.  So I got out my "masking technique" thoughts and made a group of pengiuns.  My 9 year old was in awe that she could make a bunch of pengiuns with just one stamp so she copied my card and used her own colors.  The penguins all have google eyes, which I use whenever I can.  Finally used my SU coordinations paper with the sanding block for the background.  It's a 5 1/2 square card.
Here's the inside.  I'm going to write her a nice note about how proud we are of her doing so well in school.  She has really found her "happy place" there at school and is doing such a good job. 

5 comments:

April said...

Great card! I love those penguins! I am so happy that dd is doing great at college! She will love this card!

Barb said...

Great Card Linda--love the group of penguins and the eskimo is too cute! I am sure your daughter will love it!

:: BlueInks :: said...

CUTE! I love the embossed sanding, google eyes and the pom poms on her hat. Great card!

Darlene said...

What a sweet, adorable card! Love the googly eyes, and I love the penguins. What a nice little surprise for her. It's great that she's settling in so well at school and a success with her classes.

Gael said...

I LOVE it! Wish I could see the one M made, too. I am sure this package made S's day!