Friday, September 6, 2013

It's A Boy!!


It's A Boy!!!





I have a new little nephew!!!  His name is Kyle Steven Baker, 7lbs 10oz, 18 1/2 inches long and the cutest thing ever.   I'm sooooo excited.  He is my younger brother's little boy and I will get to see him lots, and lots.  I've been taking care of his big brother, Austin for the last 3 1/2 years while mommy and daddy work.  Mom is home until January so I'll have to "share" but I don't mind. 

So, I've been working on a little gift for him.  I always try to make little bibs and receiving blankets for any new babies close to me.  These are favorite things that I enjoyed for my babies and they are always well received.



My theme is "transportation".  It started with Thomas the tank engine.  My 3 1/2 year old nephew is just into anything that has to do with Thomas and trucks, so I tried to find some things that would be fun for him too rather than stick to just baby prints.  Then I found an adorable Fisher-Price set of baby toys with a boat, a car and an airplane.  So I decided to hunt down some more little boy prints with wheels.  I couldn't resist the "Auntie is the Best" onesie, though I'm hiding it inside the package.  He'll know how cool I am soon enough :)

So I got out my circle cake board and started wrapping these things up.  This is how it came together.



I rolled up the blankets for the bottom layer and stuck a bib in between each one.  Wrapped them up with a string to keep their shape and made a band out of cardstock, sewed the edges and cut out some designs from the B is for Boy cricut cartridge.  The top layer is all the bibs with the ties sticking up at the top.  I used a plastic cake dowel to keep the cake together.  Wrapped it all up with a basket wrap and added some curly ribbon to the top.  All together it's 4 40" square blankets (bigger than a lot of store bought ones) and 16 baby bibs.



6 comments:

April said...

Love it! Congrats (to the whole family)!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness! He is absolutely precious! You are going to have such great snuggle time and then he will grow enough that the two of you will play together, and laugh, and enjoy each other. I know he will think you are an INCREDIBLE aunt!

Your gift is so cool, too! It's sure to be a hit!

Congratulations to the whole family, including his aunt. ;)

Janet said...

He is ADORABLE!! Congrats to everyone in your family!!

MiamiKel said...

Congratulations on the birthday of your beautiful new nephew! What a creative & thoughtful gift to receive, one that will be well received no doubt :)

God has truly blessed you with a beautiful new miracle in your family and I know you'll be happy to snuggle up with him each chance you get :) x0x0

Gael said...

Such a sweet gift for a sweet little baby! Congratulations!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Congratulations, Linda!