Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Christmas Spirit

Thanks to Barb and her annual Big Guy in the Red Suit swap, I'm well into the Christmas Spirit.  I've had fun putting this guy together.  I am so addicted to this new Sizzix card die.  The circle is so big that it's so easy to find stamps that fit in.
I added my little detail on the side for the ho, ho, ho.  It was completely by accident.  I cut out the sleigh paper and I had it going the wrong direction.  I didn't want to waste the paper I had all cut up so I glued it on.  My first intention was to put a straight strip there to cover up my mistake, but then I looked in the stamp set and found that the "ho, ho, ho" fit in there perfectly. 


 Here's what it looks like when it's opened.  The snowflakes are from a cool find at Joann's this weekend.  It's a jumbo bag of Favorite Findings.  There are 5 or 6 different sizes, must be about 200 in the bag for $5.99.  And, with a 40% off coupon it was really a bargain.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Cool Card--I cannot wait to see this in person! I too love that die!!!!

Gael said...

I love this card! Such a special treat to arrive in my mailbox!! I admit, I spent hours trying to figure how you cut it, now I know ;)